RKF Ryan Road Elementary PTO
Zoom Meeting Minutes
Virtual Attendees: Shannon Hicks, Tom Murphy, Emily Beaudry, Sofiya Alhassan, Vanessa Keillor, Sarah Madden, Emily Hindle, Kat Windt-Baldwin (Tara)
Call to Order ~ 632pm
Treasurer Report ~
- Consistent Balance ~ $12k
- Used remainder of NC balance
- 8K yoga
- 4k Memorial Day
- 14K for playground boat
- Family Contributions $1100
- Fletcher Farm pumpkins $148, library books $149, white boards $2363, Massages $105, staff reimbursements,
- Nature Week $1100 + $1100 in contributions from families. $872 from PTO
Upcoming Events ~
- Art To Remember
- 2 days left, $1200 so far. People chose delivery to the school. Emily can come in to help separate.
- Extra bonus if we hit 40% participation
- Nature Week
- Think about next year -won’t have existing funds, has been a major fundraising operation in the past. Possible spaghetti supper
- Great weather for the week
- Spirit Gear ~ Jess emailed Emily H
- Should be happening soon
- Lots of hats
- Christmas Tree Pick Up
- Sidotis are good to go
- They will let us know when they need to ask for volunteers
- Calendar Raffle
- Caroline Bertrand and additional person will be doing it in February
- Take February break off from prizes to expand current selection
Grant Update ~
- Tom and Mrs. Madden went to disability commission with video, Mrs. Madden will share video.
- The Commission and Counselorwoman LaBarge are very supportive,
- Inquired about next steps
- Got ideas about other possible equipment, entire playground could use accessibility – Complete overhaul.
- Looking to apply for a grant like JSS for CPA in the Spring.
- Initial quote is over $500k. How to make the entire area wheelchair accessible.
- Equipment is half of cost
- In contact with Sarah LaValley from Planning Department. CPA money could be used as a matching grant.
- Other contacts and grants include Parks and Rec.
- JSS had business donations in addition to grant $
- Can we have a 30 minuteish meeting in December to discuss this? Divide and conquer.
- Should we send an invite to specifically ask RKF families to come to that meeting? Join the Playground Committee!
- December 15 @6pm
No Meeting in December
Next Meeting: January 2022at 630. Zoom id and passwords will be sent the day of the meeting
Meeting Adjourned, 702pm